Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite "back at it" cook?

Options
So I just got back from a vacation and last night was the first night home so I got to get "back at it", cooking on the Egg! I did reverse sear filets with grilled corn and caprese salad. It got me wondering what other dishes people like to use as their first cook back at it. Would love to see and read your choices.

Cheers!
Chris
St. Louis, MO
Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn

Comments

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    What a great way to get back at it!! I cant wait for the fresh corn to be ready in my neck of the woods!
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Wow back with a killer cook...Nice plate.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options

mcmac said:
    What a great way to get back at it!! I cant wait for the fresh corn to be ready in my neck of the woods!

Wow back with a killer cook...Nice plate.
    Thanks so much, turned out really nice!
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Very nice
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options

1) Nice cook.  Looks great. 

2) I don't really have a "back at it" cook.   I guess it most depends on what we ate while we were out of town.  After being at the beach and eating seafood, I typically cook a steak.  After being with my family and eating a lot of beef, we'll have ribs or chicken, etc.  Occasionally, while on vacation we'll eat a particularly bad rendition of something I cook well and that ends up being the first meal of choice.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX