Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

On a wing thing

Options
Thanks to @Griffin for the wing reminder. It got me thinking. How many of you out there have done a major wing party. How many pounds did you do? How did accomplish this? What was the setup? Did you cook in shifts? Number of people versus wings. All the details, we are having a group of relatives over, and this might be on menu. 
Large, small, and a mini

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @smokesniffer‌
    Brother I wish that I could offer more than this. I don't use the egg when cooking a large amount of food. I load up the big vertical. That being said when I cook for fundraisers I shoot for 4 wings per plate plus 3 sides . If you are just serving wings I can easily eat over a dozen wings myself. You have to take into account the type people that you are feeding. Are they nibblers or are they heavyweight eaters like myself? Good luck. Maybe someone else can help my friend. Just for reference. I usually load my smoker with 150 pounds to start out and then add to it if the need arises.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    @SGH. Man I would love to see you in your element at a function. I stand in awe! Thanks for the suggestions. ^:)^ ^:)^ :-c
    Large, small, and a mini