Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last night's 'Za cook

Cymbaline65
Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
edited July 2014 in EggHead Forum

Had relatives in last night. SWMBO and her sister+all the kids came back from a road trip. When the idea was floated that we should go out for pizza, I said "screw that, I'll do the pizza." Total of 4 - (2) Neopolitan, (1) Pepperoni and (1) Wildcard plus Chorizo-stuffed ABTs over Apple wood. The wildcard was Mozz cheese, sautéed mushrooms and red onions, sliced yellow pear tomatoes (from garden) and Arugula. Family said the Wildcard was the best. It got a bit "rustic" so I cut it into squares.

No final pics of the ABTs or the other pies as the natives ate everything as soon as it came off the Egg.

500 degrees indirect, each pie took 7-11 minutes. Publix dough (lazy).

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating

Comments

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    =D>

Nice cook! Guess I'm not too far from the Hinterlands - thought I smelled egged pizza...
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Cymbaline65

Thanks fence0407. I'm about 5 miles east of exit 17 off of 400. At least it <feels> like the hinterlands. :-)

Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • fence0407
    SWMBO and I are hopefully moving up that direction soon! I was a graduate of NFHS myself, so exit 17 will always be home to me.
    Cumming, GA  

• Cymbaline65
    Come on up! The water is great! My eldest will graduate from NFHS and my youngest will start in a year. Funny, my neighbor has an XL and I think he may use it twice a year. We need more passionate Eggers in the Hinterlands.
  • fence0407
    We're planning on it (might even house-hunt this weekend)! What a shame - I feel bad for that XL and you as the neighbor who has to sit and watch it being wasted! 

I can admit that I attended the 10 year NFHS reunion a few months ago - brought back some great memories as I'm sure you're experiencing with your kids now. Wish them the best of luck in their endeavors from North! 
    Cumming, GA  

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    great looking pizza and creative flavor combos . . . very nice!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    PS I could have swore your Arugula Pizza had a small egg in the corner - look at that pic again.  I had to zoom in to see what the hell I was looking at!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Cymbaline65

No egg, NDG. I'm growing Yellow Pear Tomatoes this year. Like Cherry Tomatoes but yellow and, you guessed it, shaped like a pear. They are delicious, easy to grow, and look cool in salads. I sliced them up and added to the mix