Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My chance to be "that" guy

Options
Saw this in yesterday's community newspaper. I know this store very well. My step-daughter has worked there for 3 or 4 years. She does not recall ever seeing an egg sold there. I'm not even sure I saw any eggs on display last time I was in there.

Guess I'll drop by on Saturday and see if I can help them sell a couple!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    Wonder if GOV is cooking... Home Hardware does sell the  product.

Michael
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    edited June 2014
    Options
    damn, why can't my post go through the first time ... here we go ...

edit: (not able to post the following the first time)

never mind the links ... he could be in Barrie or Brampton instead this weekend.
    canuckland
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    That's terrific! Many dealers are not familiar enough with BGE and it shows. Don't forget the charcoal and charcoal accessories!
    Flint, Michigan
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth if you cook any of those fabulous dishes you put together at the Toronto Eggfest, I'm sure an Egg or two will be bought.  Have fun!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @Gabriegger, thanks... something tells me it might just be burgers and dogs but, who knows?

Maybe I'll just stand there with my iPhone and show people pics of what I've cooked. 
    B-)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Get the dealer to spring for wings. Who doesn't love a good wing?
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Get some old coat hangers and roast marshmallows!!!
    Options
    Come to think of it... how'd those hot pockets you did turn out?  :-?
    Options
    Come to think of it... how'd those hot pockets you did turn out?  :-?
    They sucked, as expected.  I ended up putting them in the microwave after a late night of drinking.   I'm going to get some more and finish that parody post one of these days...
    edited June 2014
    Options
    When I bought my Egg a couple years ago, I had been eyeing them for a few years. The local place that sells them here, a restaurant supply store, had a "demo" day. Yes they were cooking on it, and it was a BGE rep, but I felt like I was selling it to myself, and had to work to keep the conversation going. Not once was I offered anything they were making, I bought anyway because I wanted one and didn't want to drive out of town to get one. I see they are having a demo day again tomorrow. I almost want to stop by and help sell them to get more people involved. Let's face it, for the price of them, unless shown what they can do, many people shudder and go buy a cheap gasser.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I get Maple Leaf lump at Home Hardware but I've never seen a BGE there. Interesting.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    After seeing those lobsters you posted a few weeks back you will always be "That Guy" to me. That was beyond awesome my friend. I'm itching to try lobsters myself when the opportunity presents itself. I have both read and tried many things from this forum but those lobsters is what has impressed me the most. I'm a lobster fanatic to say the least.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    You might should consider changing your name to LobsterManOfTheNorth!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    @sgh, you are too kind sir. And, Mrs. TOTN says she's not making another apron and avitar so, I'll have to stick with Texan!
    Options
    I thought about being that guy for a store, but with 3 kids under 6.. that's not happening.
  • SGH
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    Brother let me be the first to say that with that lobster post you more than earned and deserve many compliments. All kidding aside that is without question my favorite post on this forum. You earned the title LobsterManOfTheNorth my friend!!

Status- Standing by.