Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ordering Charcoal

Anyone have any success by trying to order a whole skid of any type of charcoal straight from a dealer? Also if stored properly how long should a bag last? I was hoping to save a few bucks by just getting a whole skid but it may take me over a year to plow through all those bags

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    You can order Wicked Good by the pallet. http://www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com . As for how long... how long you got? Keep it dry and it will last forever.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Rockwood as well. Around 18 or 19/bag. 30 to a pallet.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Why not post where you live and see if anyone wants to share a pallet or 2??
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited June 2014
    You're in Ottawa I believe, if you're in Toronto I think you can get a whole pallet from Nella's or a Basques distributor.

edit:  oooops, just click on your avatar and see Steelers logo!  mistook 'Sens' as Ottawa Senators 
    :\">

edit 2: just read your earlier posts, I was right the first time!
    canuckland
  • SensFan
    SensFan Posts: 41
    I am in ottawa and I have a someone to split some pallets with....I just need to find a place to order from to see if it will be cost effective
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    edited June 2014
    Many of us stocked up when Costco had Basques on sale for $9.99, and Lowes had blue bag RO for $7.50, probably cheaper than buying whole pallets. Lowes may repeat the 50% off RO deal for Canada Day week.
    canuckland
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Didn't know you were in Canada. Dunno if WG ships there or not. But I'll bet the cost will be prohibitive if they do.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut