Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless ribeye roast

Options
Bought a 9 lb boneless ribeye roast at a local Asian market yesterday....ideas and help please on how to smoke this or slow roast on the egg?

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Reverse sear.

Little Rock, AR

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Roast @ 200*- 230*F until IT = 125* F (for medium rare, or 10* F short of desired term) Will take about 25-30min/lb Rest for 20 minutes Finish it up @ 550* F for about 8 minutes or sear each side for about 1 min
    GWN
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Put it on a cooling rack and set it in a paper towel lined tray. Put it in the back of your beer fridge for about 3 or 4 weeks. Change paper towels if they get soaked. If you have a small fan you can put in the fridge to circulate air, do so. If not, no biggie. This assumes you have a frost free fridge. Get it out and cut it into 1 1/2" steaks. Reverse sear the ones you are ready for. Vacuum seal and freeze the rest.

I haven't done this yet, but if I came home with a roast like that its what I would do.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker