Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In the window-low&slow

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,384
I am always pleased when the all-night low&slow finally gets into the "window" for the SWAG (+/- 3 hours) finish line time.  Today (Dad's day) is no different.  But it could be an adult beverage fueled celebration! Happy Day all Dads! We earned it :)>-
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    We're expecting some money shots of that SRF brisket. Have a great day.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Happy Father's Day to you. What did ya L&S?
    Edit: clearly I was typing my post at the same time as DMW so I didn't see the SRF Brisket. 8-} Sounds great!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @DMW-I hear ya-and I will attempt to comply.  I don't normally do the pic thing but will give it a go.  Been on since 1:30 AM (EDT) and now in the 170's-do have a "before" pic somewhere
     so I can trace the pedigree.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Sounds like you are getting really close. If I remember correctly didn't CT's finish out in the 180s?? Good luck on the finish, I know you have been waiting to this for a while.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Now that you've been approved for the wagyu they released a wagyu GOLD grade, haha! $150 instead of $85!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @BYS1981-saw that a few days ago-and if you think that's top $$ then check out this from @Mickey's favorite supplier:http://www.lobels.com/store/item/wagyu-beef-brisket.htm 
    All in good fun
    :)>-
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    @Mickey‌ and I are on different levels of budget then, haha.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

@Mickey‌ and I are on different levels of budget then, haha.

Hell brother. Mine was FREE. And I don't have a job anymore. Not even sure @henapple will remain in my unemployment as a Salado Lacky any longer.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.