Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Primo Giveaway at Texas Roadhouse

Options
Didn't feel like cooking last night and decided to Texas Roadhouse. For those of you that have kids, it is our favorite place to go because it is so loud in there that if the kids get loud, nobody notices. 

Anyway, I walked in the door and there sat a large Primo. They are giving them away in a raffle. I know it isn't an egg, but hell if it's free I'll take it. I considered these before buying my egg. They are good cookers but man are those lids heavy to lift in comparison to the egg. I'm sure it is relative to the hinge mechanism. 
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    "it is our favorite place to go because it is so loud in there that if the kids get loud, nobody notices."

-That's awesome!

Wish they had the lifetime warranty. That's what made me go BGE instead
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I go whenever I run out of their rib rub. The family loves it on steaks.
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    Options

Tjcoley said:
    I go whenever I run out of their rib rub. The family loves it on steaks.
    Cool, I didnt know you could buy their rib rub. Thanks

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I usually can get it in a labeled shaker bottle. Last week, they were out of the shakers, but I still went home with a 'to go' container full of rub.
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    "it is our favorite place to go because it is so loud in there that if the kids get loud, nobody notices." -That's awesome! Wish they had the lifetime warranty. That's what made me go BGE instead
    @WeberWho I was in the same boat. Although, the Primo warranty is 20 years so its not shabby. I was between the primo oval xl and the xl egg. Ended up with the egg for these reasons. 1. Proximity to dealer 2. Number of egg vs Primo dealers (easier to get parts if one dealer goes out of business) 3. Accessories for the egg vs the Primo.

I did like that the Primo is 100% made in the USA.
    Mark Annville, PA