Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed chicken breasts - school nite cook

Options

I took EddyK76's post and modified it a bit:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1150324/pesto-mozzarella-stuffed-chicken-breasts-with-pix

Chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and stuffed with Proscuitto, Mozarella, Parmesan and fresh Pesto. Dusted with Dizzy Pig. 300 degrees for about 30 minutes. Single chunk of Cherry wood. Family hit. Roasted Squash rounded things out.

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Awesome.  The flavor combination sounds great.  I like that you managed to keep so much stuffing in the finished chicken.  I have found sometimes the cheese oozes out too much.  I think I might try mozz next time.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options
    If you look closely, SmokeyPitt, you will see LOTS of cooking twine to keep exactly that from happening. :D
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating