Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RRP

I need a Rutland Gasket for my Green Egg (18 inch) and the name of the glue that you use. Please tell me how i go about ordering one.
Thanks

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Amazon has them if you don't hear back
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    okesmokie said:
    I need a Rutland Gasket for my Green Egg (18 inch) and the name of the glue that you use. Please tell me how i go about ordering one.
    Thanks
    I just sent you a PM - BTW today I mailed gasket numbers 1,161 through 1,165 so yes I'm the dude!   LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    RRP said:
    ...so yes I'm the dude!   LOL
    Umm, this is you??!!image

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    ^LOL
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    The Dude abides.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    How much are they?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RRP
    henapple said:
    How much are they?
    PM sent...
  • RRP
    henapple said:
    Amazon has them if you don't hear back
    yes they do and so does ACE and some others, so nobody has to buy from me at a cheaper price! Oh I should mention that none of those sources explain in detail how to apply it so it will last for many years like my instructions do. Oh well...this is just a fun service I have provided for over 12 years now. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You are a saint, my man.
    You are a saint, my man.
    LOL - not sure of that, but I set out on the service journey over 12 years ago and through this and that cost saving methods of buying in larger and larger quantities I have been able to keep my prices which includes the ever increasing postage the same all these years!  A Rutland for a Large shipped in the USA is still just $11. Are you still paying the same price for the same product that you were 12 years ago? Didn't think so!!!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    I'm one of those 1165 people and can testify to the service. Great guy, RRP. :)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @okesmokie‌
    Order your gasket from @RRP. He includes great installation instructions that you will not get if you buy your gasket else where. He shipped my gasket before I sent his money out. He is a all around great person and a huge contributor to this forum. Just my thoughts.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    @RRP Do people pay you over paypal, check, cold hard cash thru the mail..?
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    You are the man @RRP. Thanks for helping everybody out.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    I am one of the lucky customers as well. The Rutland is the best!
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • RRP
    edited May 2014
    ads75 said:
    @RRP Do people pay you over paypal, check, cold hard cash thru the mail..?

All of them! Send me a PM if you want more info... BTW guys - thanks for the complements!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @RRP said: thanks for the compliments.

You are welcome. You have both earned and deserve them for your contributions to the forum and the gasket service that you provide.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Just got my gaskets, thanks Ron! Now need to find a time between cooks to put it on!!
  • TheShaytoon
    TheShaytoon Posts: 420
    @rrp Do you recommend replacing both the top and bottom, or go naked on one side, and gasket on the other?  

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

• RRP
    @rrp Do you recommend replacing both the top and bottom, or go naked on one side, and gasket on the other?  
    When you follow my instructions then the gasket becomes both wider and thicker so your egg only needs one gasket - and that I strongly suggest that it goes on the bottom only.