Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Set The Bar High For Next Mother's Day

Options
Grilled lobster, Florida style. 400F raised direct. Split the tails first, some rub, and smeared on some Parkay. Cooked shell side down until IT was 120F, then shell up for the last 20 degrees. Threw on some veggies and sweet potatoes. Momma Sooooooo Happy!

Comments

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I've been wanting to cook some lobster tails for while now. Scallops and shrimp too. I may have to do a seafood night some time soon.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Ya buddy! Lookin' great! Love FL warm water sweet lobster on the egg. Ya did your exactly the same as I did the last time I made lobster. Did you find pulling at 120℉ was early enough to allow for IT rise on carry over cook? I think I pulled right around the same IT but, mainly looked at the firmness (pulled a little before it got totally firm). Happy SWMBO happy life ;-). Nicely done.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    Options
    I know this seems counter intuitive, but try splitting those tails through the top of the shell.  They open up better, and I think they grill better. 
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    I don't do these as much as I'd like but will try splitting one the other way next time to compare. It was just easier to split the underside this time. They were cooked until 140F IT so 3 of the 4 were just right and one had a few bites over so next time might pull 5-10F earlier. Thermapen does it again!