Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What are y'all cooking for Mother's Day?

mmundy81mmundy81 Posts: 36
I'm sure there's already a thread on here about it, but what are y'all cooking? Here's mine. This bad boy is going on the xl @ 225 w/ s&p at about 10pm tomorrow.

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Nice!

Not sure yet...
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Beef Wellington. Made it at Christmas and it was so delicious. My parents have never had it so they are in for a big treat.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,528
    Taking her out to Bonefish Grill on Sunday.  Saturday will be an attempt at recreating a Tony Luke's Philly Roast Pork sandwich on the Egg.  Inspired by a post on cheesesteaks last week.
    Doing some London Broils, asparagus and a batch of company potatoes.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,986
    Probably nothing. Going to SIL on Sunday for brunch. Then I have to get home for my mom.
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    I'm cooking the same thing as @Eggcelsior‌... A big batch of nothing. Making all the rounds.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• DMWDMW Posts: 12,338
    Pulled beef of some sort, haven't decided what variety I'll end up with yet.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,570
    @mmundy81‌ : best avatar yet. Willie is awesome. :)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 7,428
    Steak on Sunday.  Saturday, I'm planning to experiment with something I haven't done before.  There's a few videos on YouTube featuring the Island Grillstone.  Basically it's a thick pizza stone made from lava.  The videos feature cooking burgers or chicken on it like a flat top.  I thought I have something I can use like that; my Baking Steel.  I hardly use it!  I'm thinking maybe meatloaf or stuffed chicken.
    Flint, Michigan
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,161
    Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• mmundy81mmundy81 Posts: 36
    @Jeremiah‌ thanks. I agree.
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,359
    My wife and her sister are taking my mother in law out to a movie tomorrow (Sat). I'm going old school and cooking a 4 bone rib roast on my fil's 25 year old  Imperial Kamado while the ladies are out on the town.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,900
    Taking my Mom to Huddle House for Breakfast on Sunday. For Saturday and Sunday eggwise I haven't fully decided what to do as I'm on call this weekend (thus far it's been quiet).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,479
    Nothing, nada, zero, zilch! MDSH and SIL are planning, shopping and cooking something. This is a first. Should prove to be quite an adventure and good for a few giggles! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,608
    I am doing Beef ribs and will be using this recipe..http://www.nibblemethis.com/2010/09/beef-back-ribs-aka-dino-bones.html
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SGHSGH Posts: 24,015
    Sadly nothing. Still not home and still working night shift.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,838
    I made Pepper Stout Beef yesterday at my wife's request. On Sunday I am fount to make stuffed baked potatoes with the beef.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Monty77Monty77 Posts: 653
    My mom has requested prime rib and twice baked potatoes. 
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, Digi Q DX2, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,608
    SGH said:
    Sadly nothing. Still not home and still working night shift.
    When do you get back home..I always enjoy your comments and you are very helpful..What will be your first cook when you get off..Have a great day...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,536
    Can't get within the same order of magnitude of a SRF Brisket.  Enjoy that cook.  
    SRF Brisket is my Father's Day present to me-just gotta wait a few weeks!
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • SGHSGH Posts: 24,015
    @johnmitchell‌
    Thankfully I'm no longer offshore but I'm in Theodore Al. for the final assembly of our spools. If all goes well tonight could finish it up. I have my fingers crossed brother as I'm ready to be home for a while. The very first thing that I'm cooking is spare ribs. And thanks for the kind words my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 5,881
    For a change, I won't be doing any cooking. It is not only mother's day, but also my youngest son's birthday, and 'cause Mom made the invitation to take him to dinner, she got to pick a place. There's a good restaurant called Hesston's over in the next county. They specialize in prime rib, up to 40 oz. Given that the kid eats more by himself than us together, we figure he can have his fill, and we'll have a nice doggie bag.
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,174
    Planning on prime rib and salmon.
    canuckland
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,635
    SGH said:
    @johnmitchell‌ Thankfully I'm no longer offshore but I'm in Theodore Al. for the final assembly of our spools. If all goes well tonight could finish it up. I have my fingers crossed brother as I'm ready to be home for a while. The very first thing that I'm cooking is spare ribs. And thanks for the kind words my friend.

Spools for deep water pipe?
    Greensboro, NC
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Nothing fancy at all. Burgers. The whole fam is coming over, going to be a great day.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Ribeye and maybe some elk. We will see what the butcher has.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• tjosbornetjosborne Posts: 527
    My first stir fry, a beef and broccoli.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,900
    Decided on pork spare ribs and Spatchcock + sides.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • ShadowNickShadowNick Posts: 520
    Wings at the bar.

/blackhawks are playing

//and folks live in Georgia.
    Pentwater, MI
  • cajuncookcajuncook Posts: 99
    Crawfish étouffée.
    Live on beautiful Lake Hartwell GA