Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork loin vs pork tenderloin

Options
So I want to stuff one of the aforementioned varieties but I don't know which one to chose. I want to really impress my dinner guests. I need to feed about 8 mouths. Plan on stuffing with cream cheese, spinach, minced garlic, motserella, and peperonie (kinda doing a fridge clean out too). Please advise friends.

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Given the number of ingredients, a tenderloin would have to be pounded very flat to accommodate, the loin will be easier to work with, IMHO. 
    To me, probably due to my own stupidity, I can never get the cheeses to melt and blend with the other fillings without cooking the bejesus out of the meat. Good luck!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    You definitely want to go with a butterflied loin. Let the cream cheese come to room temp and then mix with your garlic, moz, and any other seasonings. Spread this mixture over the loin, then layer with spinach and pepperoni. Roll up jellyroll style, cook, and enjoy. (I would use chevre before cream cheese, but I'm assuming you're using what you've got.) :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    Options
    Never heard of chèvre but I will look for it. Thanks for the tips guys.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Basically think of cream cheese, maybe a little more crumbly made from goat's milk, I find it takes heat better than cream cheese, which depending on quality can be pretty watery. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SenecaTheYounger
    Options
    May want to par cook the pepperoni and garlic.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copia ciborum subtilitas impeditur

Seneca Falls, NY

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options

Here's a great pork loin recipe that you can use as a point of departure:

http://www.bubbatim.com/Pork_Cooks.php 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    It's pretty easy to use several tenderloins pounded together.

Steve 

Caledon, ON