Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Where's All the Fish

stemc33stemc33 Posts: 3,567
Where's all the fish pics? Any good recipes? Hard to beat salt &pepper, a little lemon and a touch of smoke. image
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• Philly35Philly35 Posts: 731
    Smoked up some trout a couple weeks ago.
    imageimage
    NW IOWA
    I used a dry brine in them before smoking
    NW IOWA
  • chashanschashans Posts: 418
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• stemc33stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Were the fillets bony? I've only cooked trout whole.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
    I seen those tuna in the earlier post. That's what got me thinking about posting fish pics. Just curious, isn't 20 minutes a side a bit much? Seems like it would be too dry. I always start with the 10 minutes an inch rule, but pull it off the grill when the fish starts to flake.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,900
    Waiting for a weekend I'm off to hit the surf. Ocean temp is just about right to kick it off here in Northeast FL. I'm so ready! Have done 0 fish on the egg. I already told SWMBO that our Son and myself have to catch the first fish that go onto the egg. Those look awesome @stemc33‌ and your fishing partner has tremendous self control not to snatch one up :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
    Fillets weren't bony at all. Use a good sharp knife and get rite along the ribs. The y-bones cook out.
    NW IOWA
    I used to do them whole and wet brine for days. Once you try a dry brine you'll never go back!
    NW IOWA
    I'll have to try filleting them. Might work out well, especially with the thick trout we catch in Wyoming.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
    stemc33 said:
    I seen those tuna in the earlier post. That's what got me thinking about posting fish pics. Just curious, isn't 20 minutes a side a bit much? Seems like it would be too dry. I always start with the 10 minutes an inch rule, but pull it off the grill when the fish starts to flake.
    I thought that it would be too long also but it was perfect. Moist and flavorful. It was a very thick cut. I had the leftovers this evening and they were just as good. I love sushi so moist seafood is always my goal.

LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

stemc33 said:
    Where's all the fish pics? Any good recipes? Hard to beat salt &pepper, a little lemon and a touch of smoke. image
    Great shot!

Won't be long and the fresh caught Pacific Ocean salmon will be at the market. Just can't bring myself to eat Atlantic farm raised fish. Does anybody use anything other than Alder or Apple chips for smoke flavoring?
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,392
    stemc33 said:

Seriously beautiful picture.  My cats would be tearing that up.

• TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Is that Keyhole?

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• JethroVAJethroVA Posts: 994
    The bigger fish were 2012, smaller ones were this past Christmas.  Butter, garlic, S&P, that's all on rockfish as they have a delicate flavor. Fortunately the meat holds up well on the grill. That's me in the orange hat.  My brother trusts me to take his 30' Pursuit out in the Chesapeake Bay.  
    Richmond, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. No FireWires Yet. Hoping to win some soon.
  • MrossMross Posts: 338
    That Aussie is beautiful! We have three.

Duncan, SC
    TUTTLE871 said:

Is that Keyhole?

Lake DeSmet just outside of Sheridan, WY

Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    @JethroVA‌ nice Striped Bass(rockfish)
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    stemc33 said:

TUTTLE871 said:

Is that Keyhole?

Lake DeSmet just outside of Sheridan, WY

Fished there along time ago. My dad says we are going fishing and I'm thinking out to miracle mile or something and we drove all the way up there. That was a fun time.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.