Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cactus and Corn Salad

Ok, I'm not going to brag but I went to Cabo San Lucas the past week and had a incredible time. What I did though was not eat that crappy hotel food but ventured out on the town and met the locals and went to where they recommended. I've had cactus before and loved it, so I wanted to try something of my version. I bought a few cactus paddles at the local Fiesta and scrubbed them down (they won that battle). A couple ears of corn, cilantro, avocado and queseo fresco cheese. I roasted the cactus (evoo and DP Raging River) and the corn, shaved the corn into a sauce pan and diced the cactus. Added some cayenne pepper, fresh minced garlic and a tab of butter. Topped with the queseo and avocado. Served with spatch chicken (Monday night regular) and some asparagus. The asparagus was the wild card but I was craving it. imageimage

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments