Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XXL BGE sighting

So, I got a card in the mail the other day from Georgia Pool and Spa. They have moved into a new store and had a promotion Saturday. The card promised a bag of BGE lump charcoal so naturally I was there at 0950 (store opened at 10). And I got my bag of charcoal. The BGE cooking team was there starting to cook all sorts of things on a variety of Eggs. Most were large Eggs. But there in the middle of the array of large Eggs was an XXL. Its not for sale yet, probably will be in the spring according to the BGE Rep I talked to. That thing is huge. They had it fired up and were going to cook chicken on it I believe. Sitting next to a large, I believe if you took the guts out of the XXL and took the Large out of its nest, you could fit the large down in the XXL and close the lid. 
Driving off, I told my wife to look at the XXL, I want one I told her. She said sure, if you get rid of your XL. No way I am doing that however.
I have posted before about a 23 pound piglet I cook on my XL. I believe, given the size of the XXL that you would have no problems cooking a 65 pound whole hog. 
Watkinsville, Ga   XL, Medium

Comments

• Acorn
    Acorn Posts: 163
    I visited the mother-ship for the first time last weekend and saw a XXL, same story not for sale and no price as of yet. It would take half a bag of lump to get that big boy hot!!!!
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • I think I will hold out for the XXXL ... you know it's only a matter of time.
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    BGE had the XXL in use during the 2013 Eggtober Fest in Stone Mountain Park. I was very interested in purchasing one but they were still in "Prototype" phase and were not able to provide any detailed information, which is undrstandable.

It is a large beast to say the least that will probably be in the $3,500 - $5,000 price range if I had to guess.

If it is in that price range, I recommend also looking at the Komodo Kamado Big Bad 32. In this price range, the Komodo Kamado 32 reigns as the king of over-engineering and functionality.

This is just my personal opinion; YMMV.

The main question is how many will spend this amount of money on a grill?

I would.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    nolan8v said:

BGE had the XXL in use during the 2013 Eggtober Fest in Stone Mountain Park. I was very interested in purchasing one but they were still in "Prototype" phase and were not able to provide any detailed information, which is undrstandable.

It is a large beast to say the least that will probably be in the $3,500 - $5,000 price range if I had to guess.

If it is in that price range, I recommend also looking at the Komodo Kamado Big Bad 32. In this price range, the Komodo Kamado 32 reigns as the king of over-engineering and functionality.

This is just my personal opinion; YMMV.

The main question is how many will spend this amount of money on a grill?

I would.
    I'm with you. If it's getting into the 3k range, I'd probably go with KK. That weighs nearly 1,000 lbs. I'll wait for my "forever" home to get one.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    The big kk was like 6-8k last time I checked without shipping. Hardly the same price range. I was told the xxl would be in the low 3k price range at the tucker store.
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    @Lit:

That size grill in the low 3k price range should sell briskly.

"You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose