Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket points

Options
Thawed a couple of 2.5 lb. brisket points I'd gotten at Bichelmeyers (KC, KS) with the intention of making burnt ends with one and slicing the other for supper. Coated both liberally with Simply Marvelous "Peppered Cow" and put them in the Egg on top of the "Adjustable Rig" (Ceramic Grill Store)... indirect at 320° (I'd searched for "small brisket temp" and found several -- different-- recommendations. -- decided to go 300°) Overshot the temp. slightly and the Egg wanted to stay at 320° ... Why argue with a hot stone?... So I cooked.

After 2 1/2 hrs. (unwrapped), both were covered with juice but still rubbery. One was beginning to char around the thin edges so that one was left in the egg for the burnt ends. The other point went into my Dutch oven for braising (Thought I'd try it)... A quarter cup of olive oil and some beef stock made a tasty looking bath. 

Back to the Egg... Foiled the point (3 hrs. now). Decided to roast coffee while the points finished. At 4 hrs. I took the point from the Dutch oven, (internal temp. 206°), wrapped it in foil, towel and rested it in a small, pre-heated cooler. Unwrapped the point still on the egg to see if I could firm up the bark a bit. Probed with Thermapen... BUTTAH! ... 206° Change of plan... sliced this one (after a very short rest). Yess! SWMBO agreed. 

As long as I can get points, I may never smoke a packer again. So forgiving, so tasty. Ate half my portion before it got to the plate! Fingers too greasy to take picture  Oh yeah, the other point got vac sealed and frozen.