Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Year's Bacon

LooperLooper Posts: 44
Seems like there's quite a few excellent bacon posts lately.  Here's mine that I just finished slicing today.

Comments

• jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,528
    awesome, I gotta get me a slicer.  that looks great
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 4,002
    Looks damn good .

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• DMWDMW Posts: 12,315
    That slicer looks like the right tool for the job! What size blade does it have?
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • LooperLooper Posts: 44
    edited January 2014

• LooperLooper Posts: 44
    That would be a 12.5 inch blade. It's a 1940s Berkel deli slicer we bought off a guy who had it stored in his barn.  It was completely covered in rust and years of filth.  The body is cast iron and everything else is stainless.  The thing is a tank.  It took a few weeks to restore but was definitely worth it.