Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

selling my maverick 733

laserdoc85
laserdoc85 Posts: 577
edited December 2013 in EggHead Forum
OK I just got this and have not even used it. It is about 3 weeks old. It is black and has the new water proof probes. I paid 104.00 for it. I will sell it for 75.00 with free shipping.
Why am I selling it???? Decided I really do not need the remote option. It was another toy I thought I needed :). I'm getting by with the dome thermometer and my thermopen
Jefferson .GA.  
Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg

Comments

500 Posts: 3,177
    I'd keep it myself. Great for long cooks.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Same here.  Saves me a lot of time not having to run outside to check temps.  Opening the egg loses a lot of heat unnecessarily in my opinion.  I can't imagine not having the Maverick or the Thermapen.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• You can't return it to the store and get all your money back?
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • laserdoc85
    laserdoc85 Posts: 577
    edited December 2013
    Nope I emailed the store and since the batteries are not in the shrink wrap and I pulled the plastic film off the face of it I can't return it. It as to be just like it was sent to me so they can resale it. Store policy,, even tho I never used it in a cook. All I did was put the batteries in and turn it on.
    My egg is only 12 foot out the door of the kitchen on a screened porch so I don't mind a visit to the egg. Have a TW 8060 on the way anyway.

Just sold it to a fellow egger anyway
    Thanks Travis!!
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • They are very good for overnight low and slow where the fire might go out.  I had it happen once on a brisket and had to rush the cook to get it done on time.  It came out OK but not as good as a fully finished one.  I would prefer to be woken up once if there is a real problem than get up 3-5 times to check that everything is OK.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Don't do overnight cooks like briskets. .If I ever do a long slow cook I will just start at 7am
    Jefferson .GA.  
  • You said the magic word when you said Thermapen there is nothing like them

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker