Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster tails and ribeyes

Options
My daughter is bringing lobster tails to go with our ribeyes later today. Never grilled lobster tails on the egg. Need some suggestions on temp, direct or indirect,and how to tell when done (don't want  to overcook). Any recipes appreciated.
Eggo in N. MS

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I keep it pretty simple for lobster tails.  Cut through the clear membrane.  Direct, meat side down at 400 for 5 minutes, flip to shell side down, add butter and whatever seasoning to the meat side and cook for 5 more minutes or so until opaque.  Don't overcook.  If you don't want them to curl, insert a metal or wood skewer through the meat.
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    I used my thermapen on mine last night. I pulled around 135-140. Scruptious. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    Turned out great. Split the shell and pulled the meat outside the shell. Direct at 450 shell up 4-5 mins then meat down 4-5 mins. Swathed with garlic butter when first put on then again when I turned them.
    Most lobster are overcooked to make them a little tough. These were tender and scrumptous.
    Beginners luck and all evidence was destroyed so no pics. Thanks for the advice. It did help.
    Oh, the ribeyes were med rare and delicious. Again, the evidence was destroyed. Pics were planned, really, but the family was not patient.
    Eggo in N. MS