Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First pizza

Been wanting to do this but haven't had the energy or time to learn dough. Today we were at publix and I found they have raw dough balls in the bakery section. Woohoo!
It turned out well except I didn't realize how thick it'd grow. Holy crap. It must have been 2" thick. I also now see the need for a pizza slider thingy. In the end it was still better than any frozen pizza. image
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Looks real good. If it was a 16 oz dough ball they can be stretched out to 16 inches for a thinner pie. Also if you didn't let sit at room temp for a couple hours before stretching.
  • Publix always has the dough. Just like somkyj said,,,,,let it sit out at room temp for a while. It says to do that on the label
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Yes I read that, I let it sit maybe an hour. I guess next time I'll do longer. Glad to hear the dough is always there though. Pizza will become a regular cook now!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Looks great, I can never get the top of mine to finish to the desired finish without the bottom burning.  Looks like you nailed it.  
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Looks real good especially for a first time. What temp did you bake at and how long? Try making dough yourself. IMHO you'll like it better. Lots of good and simple recipes here and other places. I love doing pizzas. And definitely invest in a pizza peel (it's a must have).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL