Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing Grate and PSWoo2 together.

HDmstng
HDmstng Posts: 192
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
Finally had the time to actually unpack my Swing Grate from the group buy a few months ago and tried it out with the equally as new PSWoo2.  Both are well made from their respective companies and works quite well.  Have two 6.5 lb butts and some beef ribs going now and the swing grate gave just enough room for the butts and the beef ribs are on top.  Did have to readjust my temperature probes a bit as they were interfering with the upper grate.  Here are some pics of the setup.

Really like the convenience of the PSWoo2 for picking up and getting the platesetter out of the Egg.  I do like the adjustable rig combo, but since I already had the plate setter and had ordered the swing grate, this seemed like another great option.  

The Swing Grate came with an extra piece of cut tubing, about 3/4" long to make it sit a bit higher.  I assume that is for use with direct grilling and no plate setter.  Only add I'd like to see to the SG would be a stop so that when you rotate it back into the Egg it is in the correct position for the lid to close.  Overall, quite happy with the way these two can work together.