Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1st time rib cook. 1st post on this forum

Hi egg heads! 

Today I finally got to do 2 slabs of baby back ribs. My parents are KCBS master judges and I have some tough competition! So today I did my first slabs of ribs on the egg. I must say they turned out fantastic! If there was any difference in these ribs compared to other ribs I have had I must say they are so juicy! Here is how I cooked them.

Mustard base and applied rub. Got the egg stabilized at 250 (I used the pitmaster IQ120 and held the temp within 3 deg the entire cook) Smoked the ribs with apple wood chunks for 3 hours. Applied sauce, brown sugar, and apple juice and wrapped for 1.5 hours. Then took them out of the foil another coat of sauce, and back on the grill for another half hour. 

The ribs pull clean off the bone but do not just fall off. I must say I am so happy with the results. Thanks for all the great info on this site! You guys are great!

Comments

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,094
    Welcome and nice work! Your ribs look great. I assume you shared some with your folks?
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT