Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bags and my first Butt, turbo

Options
Well my brother is getting married in 2 months, so my sister and SWMBO threw his fiancé a bridal shower today. So I took it upon myself to try my first butt for the men. Since I decided this at 11 am, turbo it was. Got a 6 # butt at the butcher and fired up the Egg at noon. Had it stabilized at 350, threw the butt on at 1245. Butt was rubbed with butt rub and mustard.

Checked the Butt at 345 as I don't have a meat probe, IT was right around 155 so I took her off, wrapped in foil and threw her back on. Checked temp with my T-pen at 5, was at 185, bumped egg to 400 for the finish. Took her off at 540, IT of 198. FTC'ed for an hour, pulled and served. Neighbors stopped over and said it was best they've ever tasted.

And some pics of the bag set my brother and I built during the day for his bachelor party next weekend.

Thanks for reading. J
Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comments