Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Methods

Options
With so many past threads about brisket methods and lots of great cooks and experts on this forum, I was hoping to hear about your current favorite way to do briskets on the Egg.  I've had success with the original Travis method with Allegro but I think even you are doing it a different way now with great results?

I typically do mine hot and fast with a raised grid ala Old Dave's Po Farm method, 8 chunks hickory/cherry, and foil at 165 with an au jus mix and pull it around 205-210.  I keep it simple with a course pepper and salt rub only and try to keep the Egg at 275 for the first hour and a half or so to help with the smoke penetration in the meat and raise it to 325/350 and then double wrap in foil with beef broth and worcestershire and get good moist cuts from the fattier point side and somewhat decent cuts in the flat portion (I am my biggest critic).  I'd like them to be a little more juicy/moist.

How are yall doing it these days?  Any injection methods worth trying?  Thanks ahead for any tips or methods. 

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I just go with the KISS method. Salt & pepper, no wrap, 250 range until done.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I do inject most of the time with this.

2 cups beef stock, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbl Worcestershire, 1 tbl good bbq rub, 1 stick butter. Simmer 30 min. Inject when cooled. Simple, easy and good.

Indirect, 275 at the grid. Lately I have been wrapping at 165 -170 until it hits 200. Then start checking for tenderness.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!