Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd night of two part pork cook

Last night I posted  "1 down, 1 to go" - installment #1 of a 2 part pork cook. Tonight is the bigger cook - 21 lbs of pork butt. A two pack from Sams, weighing in at almost 16 lbs, and a 6 pound boneless I found at the grocery store - figured if I'm cooking two, might as well go three.... next time I'll go 4. All three where injected with Dr BBQ's injection recipe and rubbed in Byrons Butt Rub, then back in Fridge for about 4 hours. I did get my swing rack mount in the mail yesterday - so had to include that in the set up as well tonight. Will need to play with that on a cold egg to work out the details - initial impression, honestly not impressed, hope I can improve the configuration ? For the cook, I got a later start then I wanted... work got in the way. Started the cook nice and slow, under 250 with a good smoke for the first hour+, then slowly ramp'd it up to near 300. Decided I need to go semi-turbo, or the cook times won't work, and I won't get any sleep. This needs to be ready to leave home at 7 AM Fri morning. SWMBO is serving it for lunch at school tomorrow, she requested it be pulled, packed, frig'd and ready for re-heating in crock pot tomorrow.  3.5 hours into cook, coming up on 160 IT all 3 butts are within a few degrees. I think I am going to let it go till 170 then wrap the 2 with bone. Tempted to let the boneless ride the whole cook ? It is on the top rack, bigger bone in are below.  No pics yet, been two busy to snap some - but will try and catch one along the way here at some point.  Stay tuned.