Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need advise and help with good way to re-heat ribs

I've got a Sunday cook that will need to feed 30 people. My plan was to put out some ribs which means I'll need to cook it beforehand (tonight) and then just grill/re-heat while basting on the D-day. Have anyone ever done this before and what's a good way to do it so that the ribs come out not too dry? Wrap it in foil after cook and refrigerate it till Sunday? Spray with apple juice during grill?

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I think this is a pretty good explanation:

I do something similar at 275 dome.  I smoke them for 3 hours, then wrap in foil for 90 minutes, then back on the grill for 20-30 minutes and apply sauce. 

If I am planning to reheat, then after the foil stage I just wrap them with more foil to make sure they are good and sealed, then put them in the fridge.  Throw them back on the grill when you are ready to serve.  Obviously, I allow a little more time for the final stage since they do have to reheat.  So, I throw them on and let them heat a while and then slap on sauce.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.