Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Where do all the points go?

I was at Sam's Club today and like many other can only get flats other than at my butcher. Got me to thinking though.....there are some many briskest without the point. Where do all the points go?

Comments

• That's strange, All i can get are full brisket at our Sam's in Rome. I'm not complaining but every now and then i like doing just a flat."For samiches."
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,013
    I bet they go into the ground beef pile with rounds and some sirloin.
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,559
    i was thinking the same thing at costco today.  i was going to ask but the butcher seemed super busy so i didn't want to bother him.  i will ask next time i go in during a slower period.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,013
    I asked my buddy at Costco a little while ago. They come from the processor as untrimmed flats in cryovac. The meat cutters just clean them up in store. They don't even have packers on the order sheet. I don't know if this is different in other regions.