Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs.. Elvis Style!

Options
Every year on Elvis' birthday, I think about those Memphis style ribs I ate when I was there. They looked like someone had poured motor oil on them. They were excellent. Does anyone have a good recipe for some Memphis Style sauce?

Comments

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Check out amazing ribs.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    On a business trip I found Corkeys and had dinner there 3 of the 5 nights. Ok, before you say it, I have been told much better ribs in Memphis but I stayed at Corkeys. Anyway, I thought the big thing about Memphis Ribs was they were dry?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

This is how I am doing ribs now:

Did baby backs for lunch a while back. (Sorry but I can't remember who I got this from.)
    350 indirect 1hr 40 min.
    Pull membrane , rub. Put on at 350 and leave the hell alone for about that time. I opened 15 min early and sauced my half rack. This is called turbo ribs and I will never go back to 4 and 5 hour ribs.
    Note: with or w/o mustard works
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.