Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

spatched turkey

Will a 14lb. Spatched turkey fit in a medium egg?
Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

Comments

• I had trouble with a 12 pounder. However, split it and see if it will fit. Watch the overhang of the setter as those parts will cook faster. The other option is to chop shop/part it out. I end up with 6 pieces, 2 legs and thighs, 2 breasts and two wings. I put the leg/thighs on and then 10-15 minutes later, the breasts, then 10 later the wings. The legs will finish to 175 or so, the breast to 160 same as the wings. Makes for an easy carve, but presentation is not so good if that's important to you. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    hows it goin', ey?  oh ya.  I did it once.  I was drinkin' some moosehead and had dis big ol turkey and it was too darn big ta fit on da egg.  I saw da woodchipper by the woodshed, just sittin dere, doin' nuthin, and it was then i thoughtta a doosie (mind you it was after moar den one moosehead), I'll run that guy through and make a biiigg patty.  it worked, an it fit on der egg!!!
    OK then, I will just Mad Max it! Too bad huh?
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!