Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Day Burds

Did (2) chickens and a turkey breast. Both were cooked indirect at about 325 for close to 2 hrs with 3 Cherry wood chunks (Probably could have done 4 but the smoke taste was just enough). The turkey breast was 162 when I pulled it off. I brined the chickens overnight in a simple recipe of sugar and kosher salt. This made all the difference in the world with the taste of the chickens. Birds were seasoned with a light coat of EVOO and Dizzy Pig Raging River (this stuff is phenomenal). I added apples and onions to the cavity of the turkey and cooked it on a V-rack turning it about halfway through the cook. I have a large family of Cajun and Italian cooks and they were picking when I was trying to carve the birds so I guess this was a winner. We also had all the normal fixins; dirty rice, corn pudding, rolls, cornbread dressing, Makers Mark, Weller, Crown. Should have taken more pics but things were nuts. Hope you all had a good one.

Comments