Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Fried Rice on the Mini

Options
For lunch Sunday
I got the wok nice & hot on the Mini:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Cooked a couple of eggs, frozen peas & carrots and set aside. Then tossed in some chopped brisket leftovers:

Set the brisket aside and fried some rice and then added everything back into the wok:

It was tasty & I'm glad my wife suggested the meal!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks great.  Looks like you did this, but for anyone else who doesn't know, refrigerating the cooked rice before frying lets the starch build up on the outside and keeps it from becoming mush.
    Options
    Thx! I did use cold leftover rice. I've been told for years to do this but didn't really know the reason why other than "it fries up better". Thx for the info.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Looks mighty tasty Good job Thanks for sharing
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • vettman
    Options
    Got a mini recently and this is great to see for a future cook....Thks for sharing!

Doug

LG, MiniMax BGE

• noarmysargent
    Options
    I also purchased a mini a couple of weeks ago. I bought it for camping, but I have had lots of fun with it around the house. I had a football party Saturday. Probably sent a couple of my buddies to the BGE store. That Fried Rice looks great R2Egg2Q!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    That looks delish!  Nice WOrK.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tortaboy
    Options
    John,

That looks wonderful.  If I was vending or selling at an event, this is definitely something I would have on the menu as a moneymaker and a fun item.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    vettman said:
    Got a mini recently and this is great to see for a future cook....Thks for sharing!

I also purchased a mini a couple of weeks ago. I bought it for camping, but I have had lots of fun with it around the house. I had a football party Saturday. Probably sent a couple of my buddies to the BGE store. That Fried Rice looks great R2Egg2Q!

Thanks! I think you both will enjoy your Minis and find they can do more than just be a portable grill. I've been pleasantly surprised with how versatile it is.

tortaboy said:
    John,

That looks wonderful.  If I was vending or selling at an event, this is definitely something I would have on the menu as a moneymaker and a fun item.

I've been thinking of it as a potential Eggfest cook. Sounds like I may have an excuse to buy a 19+" wok for an XL.

Thanks all for the kind words!

Bay Area, CA