Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cold Smoked Vegan Items?????

pmckinney4pmckinney4 Posts: 17
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hey Everyone,

The wife and I were talking about what we were going to give family members this year for Christmas.   We often try to make gifts just to make it more personalized.

I suggested we might want to try cold smoking some cheese and putting it together with a nice personalized cutting board and maybe some other related stuff.   She liked the idea, but reminded me that my sister is vegan.

So, do you people of more experience have idea's for smoked vegan items?    So far the only thing I have been able to find are smoked almonds.   A good start, but would like to think of other things to try as well.

All idea's are welcome! (except of course telling her to start eating real food.......already tried that.)

Thanks!

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Some people smoke tofu with maple syrup

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,703
    You could can some baba ghanoush made from smoked eggplant.   It's vegan crack.

http://theforgottenvegetable.com/recipes/dips/middle-eastern-baba-ghanoush-smoked-eggplant-dip/

Hummus would work too. Some smoked hot chilis on top.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,703
    I need to learn to prufread my posts better...

I thought I was wrong spelling it baba ganouj

Steve 

Caledon, ON