Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Care to share your mounts for CyberQ or other stoker?

Options
jimreed777
jimreed777 Posts: 324
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Looking for a creative way to keep the fan and cyberQ out of the weather that doubles as storage.

Thinking a tupperware box for the fan that I modify so the lid closes around the fan and I leave a hole in the bottom for airflow.

Covering the actual CyberQ should be easier.

Before I rig something hideous up...anyone have an elegant solution they care to post a pic of?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• jimreed777
    Options
    nolaegghead - do you have a better shot of your setup for the stoker in this post:

did you just screw a piece of wood to the gooseneck and attach the included mount from bq guru?

I was thinking something along the lines of what you have. Functional without being completely devoid of form.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yeah, I do have a better shot of it somewhere.  The top of the gooseneck is threaded.  I didn't have a tap that matched it (weird thread) or a nut that fit it, so I drilled a hole in a piece of wood and epoxied the threads in.  Then I screwed the supplied mount on the wood.

Retrospectively, I should have got a nut, punched a hole in the stainless mount and bolted it on.  It's a little loose from dragging the cover on and off.  Still secure, just a little loose.  I really like the goosenecks.  Keeps the light and controller off the table top and away from pooling water, beer and food.

I'll probably buy the nut and fix it one of these days. 

Weather proofing is just a matter of putting a plastic bag over it.