Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Todays Picture

thailandjohn
thailandjohn Posts: 952
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I took this picture today from the hills in our area of the Space Shuttle Endeavor making its last trip

This was in Castro Valley CA.

http://jvp.smugmug.com/Events/Space-Shuttle-Endeavor/25503740_THdMWn

Comments

• Wonderful pictures!  I love the shuttles.  It's a low down dirty shame what has happened to the Space Program.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited September 2012
    Yup, San Fransisco got one, and Houston did not, but no politics there.

I was on NASA Causeway for the first launch, and in the Security Helicopter for the Challenger accident.  Didn't see every launch, but I saw most of them.  Plenty of experience with Orbiters. 

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    The politics involved were ridiculous.  I have no idea how Wright Patt AFB in Dayton didn't receive one.  I'm still pissed about that!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Uh, what did WP AFB have to do with the program?  They were stacked and launched from the Kennedy Space Center, Florida, and the mission was controlled from the Johnson Space Center in Houston.  Both places got a pass on an Orbiter.  Coincidentally, both places were not supporters of the current administration.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Uh, what did WP AFB have to do with the program?  
    Not much, if anything, but the biggest Air Force museum is there in Area B.  
    I worked in the Safety/Reliability section of Thiokol (shuttle boosters) from 97 to 99.  Seeing the shuttle fly for the last time, even if just on CBS News, is bittersweet...

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Wife and I were walking the dogs at MLK park near the Oakland airport this AM and just as we started she flew by so close!  A bitter-sweet sight.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    *sniff* Nice pictures.  I'll miss the program.  go space X!
    Botch said:
    Uh, what did WP AFB have to do with the program?  
    Not much, if anything, but the biggest Air Force museum is there in Area B.  
    I worked in the Safety/Reliability section of Thiokol (shuttle boosters) from 97 to 99.  Seeing the shuttle fly for the last time, even if just on CBS News, is bittersweet...
    Wright Patt IS the National Air Force Museum.  Not really sure what role New York played in the space program.
    Houston and Florida were no brainers.  The politics involved make me sick.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Thank you!  Great pictures! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Over Pacific Grove, Ca.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.