Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

two small butts going on shortly

smokesniffer
smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have two boneless butts going on to the egg shortly. Haven't ever tried boneless, hope the flavour will be fine with out the bone. They are 3 lbs each. Thinking about 6-7 hours @ 270 indirect.Used a rub recipe that turned out good for me last time. Applied regular mustard to the first butt and then the rub. Tried to apply a thick amount of rub. Used about half of the rub. Wanted to try to do something a bit sweeter, so after a few ideas for some folks, I opted to add more brown sugar to the rest of the rub. It did taste quite a bit sweeter. Also on the second butt I used House of Q slather before the upgraded rub. Should I use some mesquite for pork, I hear it is better on beef. My wife isn't a huge fan of smoke, I was thinking of about 2-3  smaller chunks. It will be a later dinner, but that is ok, Survivor starts tonight (go ahead flame me lol) so we may eat in front of the TV. Will post finished pic later.

Large, small, and a mini

Comments