Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

smoking with left over corn cob?

Lilpossum
Lilpossum Posts: 12
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I was watching an old episode of "good eats"about corn.He was removing the kernals from the cob for cream corn then he said to freeze cobs and he would use them later for smoking meat on another show.I never found that other show,have seen alot of things used in BBQ smoking but never this. Has anyone ever done this or seen it done??

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    country hams were (are) often smoked with corn cobs.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    You can also use them as toilet paper to supplement your sears and Roebuck catolgue.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174

When stike writes...

Now for Travis's suggestion...after that adventure I'm sure there would be a cure time before the next use???

:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Funny this came up today: I'm reading Charcuterie and Ruhlman was talking about one of his first high end restaurant jobs where the made and smoked all their own sausages. He said he used everything under the sun to smoke with "including corn cobs (corn cobs make great pipes but they make horrible smoke)". Anyhow, thought it was funny that I was reading about it when this came up so take it FWIW
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX