Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

R&B Oval package? vs Ajustible rig customer combo package?

Options
ducksbuddy
ducksbuddy Posts: 56
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

I could use a little help from anybody on which rig i should purchase,

or should i just buy both? Just like a post here earlier the money seems to never quite stop leaving my wallet! im thinking oval grids may be the ticket with the oval stone? And does the oval stone make that much difference on a burn with ribs or brisket? and are the slides mandatory with the oval set up? the seem to be out of stock on the extender with slides,

Thanks again for any help,

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I have the A/R customer combo & love it. The oval stone & grid work great for rib's butts. It's great for pizza's too, put the BGE grate on top with your pizza stone on it.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• ducksbuddy
    Options
    I'm thinking a r combo might be the choice, do the oval grids interchange?
  • brewbq
    brewbq Posts: 52
    Options
    From what I can see (and I'm no expert) you should be able to change out any of the grids from either system.  One thing I'm sure of, is you do not need both.  Once you buy one, then you only need to buy the other pieces in order to extend your setup.  For example, if you buy the R&B oval package, then buy a spider and 13 in stone and drip pan, you'll basically have the customer combo.  There's a lot of good info on their website. They go into a lot of detail on the tabs about which setup is better for you and even have a chart breaking down each setup by cook and what you can make with it as well as what you'd need to add to that setup to make it work.
  • ducksbuddy
    Options
    I found the site, thanks so much,
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    Options
    i wish i got the oval stone. the 13" does the job, but the oval seems to work much nicer!

• ducksbuddy
    Options
    thanks again guys i am going to experiment with both! and my wife is going to shoot me!