Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Is So Good

Options
hopkinsusmc87
hopkinsusmc87 Posts: 250
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Brats and smoked sausage wraped in bacon. So simple but so good. What simple cooks is everyone up to tonight? Happy Cooking!

Comments

• WickedIsland
    WickedIsland Posts: 153
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yummy! Tonight... So simple I didn't have to heat the egg! Left over Mon night dizzy dust chicken breast made into chicken salad and last nights left over grilled tuna with cucumber and tomato salad (sorry, no pics)
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Did almost the same thing on Sunday.  Bacon wrapped sausage and boneless chicken breast.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• hopkinsusmc87
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

Did almost the same thing on Sunday.  Bacon wrapped sausage and boneless chicken breast.

What kind of sausage did you use? This was the first time trying smoked sausage so I'm open to trying something else. The folks on the forum sure do have great ideas.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    It was a John Morrell Polish sausage.  Wrapped in bacon and served with smoked gouda and smoked sharp cheddar.

The bacon I used had a maple flavoring that I didn't care for.  Thought the sweetness would work well in contrast to the smoke and Butt Rub.  Gonna try a pure, thick, pork belly bacon next time.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• hopkinsusmc87
    hopkinsusmc87 Posts: 250
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I used hickory thick cut bacon. I wanted to use Kiełbasa but the wife bought the wrong stuff, :-q . I brushed it with Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. It was good but not what I was looking for.
  • Onegrecook
    Onegrecook Posts: 121
    Options