Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Dome Thermo-a visual aid

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,391
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
With many new Egger's posting here I have seen several pics of the dome thermo.  A trick I use for visual ease is to rotate the dome thermo ( making sure to pull it out a bit so as not to move the calibration nut) so the target temp is vertical.  That way a quick glance (or clouded adult beverage vision) lets you know how things are progressing.  FWIW-
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• tactical_66
    tactical_66 Posts: 207
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nice tip. I will give it a try for my next cook tonight. For my flying career all gauges are oriented to have the green sections in the same orientation for quick scans to see every thing is in normal operating ranges. My egg is just as important.