Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hope my mom likes her birthday present

Options
Dave in Florida
Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Going up to my parents tomorrow, it's my mom's birthday. We are making her a birthday dinner. I got the brisket, posted it earlier. And I just completed 6 racks of baby back ribs. I seal a meal 3 racks for their freezer so they can have some for another day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    Awesome B-Day present!!  Just think how much better this is than all the little cardboard and qtip class projects you use to give her.
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    What a great present.  I wish my folks were still around to be able to treat with a meal like that.  They always enjoyed grilling, but never experienced anything like the BGE. 
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Awesome B-Day present!!  Just think how much better this is than all the little cardboard and qtip class projects you use to give her.

:))     

So True!

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    Betty, I remember growing up as a kid and my mom would grill hamburger, chicken, pork chops and such on a charcoal grill. I remember seeing my mom just pour tons of lighter fluid on the briquets to get it started. What a difference the BGE makes.  When my mom first saw the BGE she commented I just don't see what so special about it for the price you had to pay for a grill.  Until she had her first meal from it.

Every time I go up I now get requests to make them something on the BGE.  They both always comment that they don't remember ever eating such good food.  So as long as they are still around, I'll keep them in stock in good BBQ.  Lord knows they helped me growing up and in my adult life more then I could ever re-pay them.

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Keep them happy that way as long as you can, they are a treasure that can never be replaced.  And be sure to ask them any questions that come to mind.  Some of the answers they have can never be found anywhere else.

I will date myself a bit and relate to Dad using the lighter fluid on the flat shallow round grill with the half hood and the rotating grid.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Hey- Careful! Brownie might read this. :))
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX