Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forgot to ask - Pizza

Rubmyrock
Rubmyrock Posts: 266
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cooking pizza with my plate setter. Don't have a pizza stone but I read that I should ha e something between the fire and the ceramic surface? Suggestions?

Comments

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Do you have the feet that came with it?
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    I have stated many times that the plate setter is much to thin to deal with the intense temperatures the Egg can produce.  Four fire bricks 4 x 2 x 9 rated at 3000 degrees have solved the problem.  I put them down first, then place the stone on the bricks.  I let the whole thing soak at 475-500 for about 30-45 minutes and then I rock and roll.  I can put out a pizza every 12 -15 minutes and have cooked as many as 10 pizzas in a little over 2 hours during one of our pizza fests with my friends and neighbors.  They keep asking me when the next one will be.  40 years in the pizza business gives me a edge over the typical Egger.  I will match my pies and calzones to any in the country.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!