Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Spatchcock Chicken and Apples

TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Did a Spatch chicken tonight because the wife wanted chicken alfredo tomorrow night so I was killing 2 birds with one stone. The greatest part was I put the bird on and told her to watch the temp and dont let it go over 250 because I had a haircut appointment. She sent me temp readings every 10 minutes (Bored I guess). But temp went to 200 and I told her the do and donts over the phone of bringing the temp up. She listened and got very excited when the egg temp went up and stoped where I wanted it.

Chicken came out as expected (Greatness!!)

Did some Apples that were sitting in the fruit bowl that had been therer for a few weeks. Stuffed them with a mixture of Brown Sugar, Spices, butter, and pecans. Did them for almost and our at 250. Didnt get a picture of final product because when I brought them in wife was carving them up and had them smothered in Vanilla Ice cream.

Cant wait for Chicken alfredo tomorrow and see what happens.

c.JPG 496.2K
c1.JPG 335.7K
c2.JPG 316.2K

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• jlsmjlsm Posts: 981
    The chicken looks fantastic! How long did it cook?
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,672
    Nicely done, Sir! Like the idea of the apples.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 5,001
    I did the same thing with my wife and ribs yesterday. She said, "wow, this thing is easy to control".
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • timekpr1timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Wives are an interesting species.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I did the same thing with my wife and ribs yesterday. She said, "wow, this thing is easy to control".

Mine said the same thing. I am scared she might want to shoot my guns next or mow the lawn.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,628
    timekpr1 said:

Wives are an interesting species.

Wird

XLBGE 
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 5,369
    Dang, 'Stang, How ya like dem Apples???
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • BaysidebobBaysidebob Posts: 489
    My wife stays inside and cooks.  Watches cable TV cooking channels all day and night.  She knows EVERYTHING gastronomic and I have no need of this internet connection.  The outside fire is my Alamo.  I'll go down like Davey Crockett before I share the outside fire.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Dang, 'Stang, How ya like dem Apples???
    Da Apples were tasty, I will gook them longer next time and apply a alot more healthy butter.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.