Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Eggscellant Thank You!

Kamisha100
Kamisha100 Posts: 2
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Hey everyone,

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday afternoon. I just wanted to take a second to say thank you to all of you who take the time to provide the extra tips, recipes and ideas here in this forum.  I have been lurking around this website for well over a year, My Husband and I finally made the investment in purchasing our Large Egg Last month. Prior to we had never even tasted something made on it, but I thought if everyone is raving about it, it must be good right? Well we  were still slow to get started and it sat in the garage until Independence day. So he finally put it together and we fired it up. Thanks to all the great info hear we were able to put it together, and that night we ate the best grilled chicken, corn, and scallops we ever made at home period!  First time out of the box, first time firing it up. It was incredible!  The best thing about it that I think helps keep you from messing it up was the temperature controls (which does take getting used to) and knowing how long to keep it on the grill.

So once again thank you all. I am definitely a new fixture here.

Kamisha

Comments

• FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    Congrats on the new adventures you are about to take with cooking.  I agree this forum is a wealth of knowledge about all sorts of food.  

Happy Egging !
    Frank
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Welcome to the "cult", joining this forum will greatly expand your BGE horizons (as you already know) but also puts you beyond the "club" membership. Enjoy the journey-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Welcome aboard!

We got our large in January, It was the last day of a 25% off sale and I knew I wouldn't see a saving like that anytime soon. I was working late so I sent the wife out to make the purchase because I somehow thought that everybody else in my area would go and buy out all the (4) larges in stock (on a wednesday none the less). I told her to get the XL if they were sold out of larges. I was so excited when I got home to unload my pre assembled egg. I loaded her up with with fresh lump and grabbed the only thing in the fridge that was thawed, a bone in pork loin roast. I stayed up late that night to cooked that roast in 32* weather on a wednesday. I was sooo happy that I could use it in the winter, and change and regulate temps!

Anyhow blah, blah, blah about me.  Glad you are having fun and learning like so many others (myself included)
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Welcome,  a newbie here too.  peeps here are so willing to help even in the wee hours of the morning!
  • Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    Congrats and Welcome. Buckle your seat belt it's going to be a fun ride. 
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    I've only had my large for a few months now & love it. But beware, it won't be long till you want another one to go with it. I just bought a small yesterday for those every night cooks. I may go to the poor house but I'll be well fed !!

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.