Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Glaze/Sauce

Options
Mole351
Mole351 Posts: 110
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

doing my first BB ribs today.  planning on using a pecan rub and have some pear chunks to smoke with.  don't have a lot of options right now as far as sauce/glaze goes however.  anyone have a good sauce recommendation that's readily available at most grocery stores?

also - when do you put the sauce on?  i'm not planning on foiling these (will see how goes)...

thanks!

Comments

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
     The sauces and glazes are all over the map.  Ten eggers may give you ten different recommendations, so it may take you a cook or two to figure out which one you and your family like best.

No matter which sauce you choose, only sauce for the last 30 mins or so of the cook.  Just long enough for the sauce to caramelize and firm up
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    +1 with Duganboy on experimenting.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.