Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Table hardware

EggdamEggdam Posts: 223
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Plan on building a table but would like to build it so that no fasteners are visible. Could anyone recommend so good stainless hardware to make this possible?

Comments

• fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 932
    Just built my table with exposed fasteners, however, if i were to do concealed I would use the device at the link below.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_142733-39450-K4L_4294857663__?productId=3013529&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,712
    Yep, that's what I used.  I have the delux kit, but all you need is the minimalist kit from Kreg:

http://www.kregtool.com/Kreg-Jigreg-Jr-Prodview.html

It's about $40 versus over $100.

If you want to get fancy, you can use mortise and tenon construction also.

• BjorgBjorg Posts: 241
    I also vouch for Kregtools
    Quebec - Canada
  • EldeElde Posts: 148
    If you want to get fancy, you can use mortise and tenon construction also.
    Or half-lap joints, which is what I'm planning for mine.
  • hoffmandhoffmand Posts: 105
    I used pocket screws for my cedar table but I also added small L-brackets for additional support under the shelf that holds the egg.

You can get outdoor rated blue-kote or stainless pocket screws from Woodcraft or McFeelys.com if your Lowes doesn't carry them.
    Cedar Park, TX
  • EggdamEggdam Posts: 223
    Thanks for the input guys that should get me going.