Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Late night egging...

Options
bonemuse
bonemuse Posts: 53
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I'm getting ready for Father's Day tomorrow; we've got about 20 people coming over and I'm doing my first ever pair of pork butts.  So far so good, except for the rain that started immediately within five minutes of putting the butts on.  Maintaining 250, mostly because the egg is in the (detached) open garage and out of the wind and rain.  I'm two hours in from putting the meat on and my smaller butt temp is around 125.  I'm not using anything except for an Maverick ET72.  Does anyone know offhand a resource for the temperature changes a butt goes through? It's gone up about 40 degrees in the last hour and a half. I know there's a stall coming, but I just want to make sure that the climb is normal.  Other than that, got a beer, got a book, sitting on my porch watching the world pass me by.  Anyone else doing some late night Egging?

~TK~
--------------------------------------
30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.

Comments