Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini wok lump for $tir fry

Options
bamafan62
bamafan62 Posts: 137
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am having trouble getting my temp. high enough for $tir fry.  I purcha$ed the woo 3.  Que$tion; can I fill the lump above the fire ring to generate more heat?

Thank You,
Bama

Comments

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I hope some of the veteran wokkers can chime in, but....
    I've filled it to the top of the firebox, the middle of the fire ring, and to within inches of the top of the fire ring. in all these cases, I hit 700 easy. I would check to make sure that the daisy wheel is off, good airflow form the bottom, and that you leave the top open for a bit to let the fire spread, and you start the fire in a few spots. 

<edit>
    Ooops, just noticed this was on a mini, I was talking about my large, but as far as I have read the mini should be a high temp machine! Check airflow
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    Options
    Hard to tell if poster is describing mini in reference to the wok size or the egg size, but yes my mini egg is an inferno.