Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick ET-73 Customer Service

safetyman
safetyman Posts: 80
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
My on/off switch broke, like many others have, so I called the company to see what I could do to repair it. They sent me a new receiver unit free of charge and my old one was at least 5 years old. I was going to buy a new ET-723 unit, but they told me my 6' high temp meat/pit probes from my ET-73 will not work on the new unit. Excellent customer service. I will probably get the ET-723 in the future.

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Good to know! Happy for ya!

XLBGE 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    I sure like my 732's.  If nothing else I monitor the heat up with them while I am working in the kitchen.

I tried to burn out a BBQ probe, just to learn the limits, on a steak sear.  It blanked out at about 500, but after cooling off started working again.  I have used it for many cooks afterward.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys