Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Homage to Griffin's Grub...

smokinsooner
smokinsooner Posts: 161
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

So, to butcher some Bob Segar...."a little too short and could have lost a few pounds..."

Asthma= limited excercise time... and asthma has been booming lately.

BGE= spending my time experimenting, and cooking enough food to feed the army of Genghis Khan....all the while with a cold Fat Tire in hand. Now we all know, anything that comes off the egg is good enough to eat as a stand alone dish, but in my house, every main course has at least two complimentary side dishes. Most of which also is done on the egg... however the caloric intake keeps piling up.

So I've found myself, a little on the 'husky' side.

To get back to my scrappin' weight I'm taking on the "Caveman Diet", which suits my personality better than something like 'Southbeach Diet'. ...(sounds like a reality TV show). This endeavour will be medically monitored for those of you agasp right now, I'm creative....not ignorant or careless! All of this rambling builds to the reason we're gathered here tonight... to pay homage to Griffin's Grub for his unwitting tutelage to my BGE/cooking learning curve. I've been politely stalking the Griffin's Grub blog since July '11... after purchasing the XL BGE. I've taken his advice, stolen his recipes, and have been able to, somewhat, connect the BBQ / BGE dots....... so-to-speak.

So all that I've cooked tonight, I have learned from Griffin's Grub... I'm just given back some kudos for taking the time to share with new eggers like myself. I've met the man once... nice guy. Quiet, respectful, reserved...........Baylor fan. Which I can overlook. (it could be worse)

So for the effort, creativity and

here are the ingredients:

Any guesses?

14 Chicken Legs...(off the hanger he pointed out to me)

6 Scotch Eggs... finest/ easiest breakfast in the world.

10 Turtle Eggs.... a new one... I made with habeneros tonight... (selfish reasons... I didn't want anyone else to have them)

And of course the world famous Fattie.

All Protein... no carbs... the Caveman Diet is officially underway. < I can already feel my cholesterol level rise>

I'm sure gonna miss those Fat Tires, but not this spare tire.

Thanks Jason!

BOOMER!

Comments

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Looks good!  I want to learn how to make Scotch and Turtle eggs

Why is the chicken hanging?  I would eat it all in a heartbeat, but just wanted to know the reason...
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

I'm a little shocked. And flattered. I had no idea I had this much effect on anybody. I'm glad I could help you. I've learned alot over the years on various BBQ forums and I'm just trying to pay it back by sharing what I've learned from wiser and more experienced people than myself.

As for your description of me "Quiet, respectful, reserved...Baylor fan", you got 2 of the 4 right. You met me when I was slightly hungover, so respectful and Baylor fan are right on. But put a drink in my hand and quiet and reserved go out the window.  =))  

Not real sure a fattie or a turtle egg really goes on any diet, though.;)

Z-Eggineer - you can find the directions for Scotch and Turtle Eggs on my blog or do a search on the site here. I posted Turtle Eggs yesterday. The hanging chicken is 1)to maximize space 2)more even cook and you don't have to flip or rotate the legs.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings